Aimetis Corp. develops and markets Intelligent Video software and services for physical security and business intelligence applications worldwide. With offices in Waterloo, Canada, Frankfurt, Germany and Shanghai, China, Aimetis is an innovative market leader for video analytics and Open IP-Surveillance software. Aimetis products are sold through channel partners in over 100 countries and have won numerous industry awards. It is seeking driven individuals who thrive in entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high growth environment.
Our current job opportunities are listed below.
Aimetis, a leading computer vision company, has an immediate opening for a senior software developer to help implement the next generation of our distributed video management software. The successful candidate will join our team of highly skilled developers at our Waterloo, Ontario, Canada headquarters.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Senior Software Developer is responsible for development and maintenance of VMS functionality and integrations with relevant 3rd-party systems.
- Expert in using object oriented techniques to solve problems
- 2 years Concurrency/multi-threaded programming experience
- 2 years Distributed systems/network programming experience
- 2 years Database/SQL problem solving experience
- 5 years C# experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio experience
- Experience writing readable, reusable, and refactorable code
- Bachelor degree in computer science (or similar)
- Desire to be a strong member of an even stronger team
Advantages (Nice to have)
- Experience working with video/codecs/cameras
- Experience with modern best practices: TDD, SCRUM, Agile, XP, separation of concerns
- Experience with WCF, LINQ, HTML 5.0
- Mobile device interoperation (Android, iPhone/iPad)
- Linux experience
- C++ experience (concurrency/sockets)
- DirectShow programming experience (managed and unmanaged)
- Web service development experience
- Experience with source control (Subversion)
- Experience with VSTS 2010/2012
- Willingness to travel
Phase 1: Selected candidates will visit Waterloo headquarters and participate in a 70 minute programming test followed by a short evaluation. The test will be performed directly in Visual Studio and will consist of a set of C#/C++ programming problems.
Phase 2: Selected candidates will participate in an Interview with the Chief Software Architect (15 minutes max).
Phase 3: Selected candidates will participate in series of interviews with the team.
Aimetis thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No new agencies please.
Applications may be submitted in Word or PDF format, by email, to email@example.com.