Aimetis Announces Symphony 6.10
New Release Delivers Support for Smartphones and Tablets
Waterloo, Canada - 2012-09-04
Aimetis Corp., a global leader in intelligent IP video management software, today announced Aimetis Symphony™ 6.10, the latest version of the company’s intelligent video management software. Aimetis Symphony delivers an all-in-one solution for video management, video analytics, system integration and alarm management.
Aimetis Symphony 6.10 provides many new features and improvements including a Mobile Bridge server which enables users to connect seamlessly to Symphony from their Apple or Android Smartphones and/or tablets. “Today’s security professionals expect mobile apps to offer the same feature richness and security they enjoy on their laptops or PCs,” said Justin Schorn, VP Product Management. “As a result, efficiency in responding to events and mobile app security are among the top considerations when they select a video management solution. Aimetis Symphony 6.10 delivers on both.”
Top new capabilities include:
- Symphony Mobile – Securely connect to Aimetis Symphony from your Apple iPhone, iPad and Android Smartphones and tablets.
- Supervised Login – A new mode where two users log on simultaneously granting special user privileges.
- Enhanced Camera Views – MultiView displays can be saved as layouts in the Camera Tree and/or as icons on maps for more convenient access.
- New Auto-PTZ Tracking Engine – Superior auto-tracking capabilities for pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras.
- Highly Scalable Automatic License Plate Recognition – New “Queue Time” feature improves scalability of ALPR engine allowing up to 10 cameras to be analyzed on one server in fixed parking applications.
- Integrated Remote Support Module – Optionally installed, the Remote Support Module allows users to request secure remote desktop support from Aimetis Technical Support in order to expedite troubleshooting.
Additionally, Aimetis is launching Aimetis Kiosk, a new tool providing vital lockdown security for Windows PCs running Aimetis Symphony. Aimetis Kiosk restricts users from accessing the desktop and OS while providing a secure replacement shell allowing access to specific applications only.
Aimetis Symphony 6.10 is available worldwide for download at www.aimetis.com. Customers with Aimetis Symphony 6.9 or older may require a valid maintenance agreement to upgrade their servers. Customers without a valid maintenance agreement can contact Aimetis Sales for further information.
Symphony Mobile for Apple can be downloaded from the Apple Store immediately. Any Apple device supporting iOS 5.1 is supported.
Symphony Mobile for Android can be downloaded from Google Play immediately. Devices supporting Android 2.3 and higher are supported.
Aimetis Kiosk is expected to be available for download in calendar Q3 2012.
Aimetis Symphony 6.10 for Aimetis E-Series Physical Security Appliances is expected to be available in calendar Q3 2012.
Aimetis Corp. is a Waterloo, Canada-based software company offering integrated intelligent video management solutions for security surveillance and business intelligence applications. Founded in 2003, the company is a global leader in intelligent video technology. It’s unique in offering a single platform with integrated analytics, the lowest total cost of ownership, and the industry’s easiest to use products. Aimetis has distributors and certified partners in over 100 countries and serves a variety of industries, including retail, transportation and others.
+1 (519) 746-8888 x249